23 August 2012

There's No Place Like Home!

Firstly I just wanted to say thank you to Hazel (dido) for being there for me the last few days, having some problems with my health & ended up in hospital Tuesday morning after waking up feeling really strange & a really bad pain in my chest! All is ok at the moment, fingers crossed when I go back to Dr they have some answers fro me! I also want to say sorry if I haven't been around your blogs recently, I'm finding it really difficult concentrating. I will be back & I will try & pop around real soon xxx

Anyhoos on with today's card, which is for a fab new challenge over at Delightful Challenges. Where we want to see you

FANCY & FRILLY

creations. I just love my card this week had so much fun making this & its got glitter on it lol I hardly ever use glitter. But after talking to Hazel on the phone she said Dotty needed glittery red shoes!



Challenges I Would Like To Enter
The Sweet Stop- great sketch
Paper Pretties- card for kids
Waste Not Wednesday- lace & glitter


Goodies I Have Used
Image- 'Dotty' from the Delightful Dotty set by Digital Delights
Image- 'Tree stump' from the 'Delightful Oz' background set by Digital Delights
5" square card blank
Promarkers, Flexmarkers & prisma pencils
Dotty
Skin- coral, sunkissed pink & blush
Hair- gold, canary & lemon
Short & socks- antique white
Dress & bows- true blue, agean, cyan, yellow & red
Basket- umber, caramel & sandstone
Shoes- ruby, red & amaranth red
Tree stump- umber, caramel & sandstone
Flowers- yellow, baby pink, carnation pink, amethyst & lilac

Papers & Embellishments
DP- 'Rainbow' paper set by Digital Delights
Blue & yellow papers by Kodak
Baby blue pearls, glitter & lace my stash
Doily die cut my Nellie Snellen MFD020
Grass & bull rush stamps by Alys Inky Fingers
Branch garden die cut by Marianne D LR0151 from Natalie & Amy's

Our sponsor this week is The Cutting Cafe, the winner will get to pick 3 sets from there online shop!

Thank you for stopping by today, please pop over to the main challenge blog & see what fab creations my teamies have made!
Hugs xx

13 comments:

Judith said...

Oh Shell I'm so sorry to hear that you're not well - crafting can take your mind off things but sometimes when the worry is just too much it just takes over - I've been there myself. It's easy to say don't worry - but don't - it desn't make things any better! Your card is just gorgeous and the glittery shoes were definitely the way to go - just fab. Look after yourself big hugs judith xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Its not Dorothy without the Glittery shoes. Sending you big hugs for the Docs, Love the card its soooo cute, Love me xoxo

Lisa said...

wonderful job Shell, I hope you are feeling better!!!

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Shell, I love the sweet image and the colours are beautiful.
So sorry to her you have been unwell, I do hope you will be feeling loads better soon.
Hugs Sue

Wendy Hall said...

Oh Shell I am sorry to hear this, hope you are on the mend. Love Dorothy and her shoes finish her of perefectly.
Hugs
Wendy (aka Louby Loo)
www.digitaldelightsbyloubyloo.com

jackiescrafts said...

I'm sorry you aren't well Shell I hope you get some answers soon

Hugs Jackie x

Debbie said...

Oh bless you, sounds like you're having a rough time.If ever you need me just get in touch and I can call you sweetie.Always here for you my little blogging buddy.Life can be so hard.Hope the pain is easier.Your card is adorable.Hazel was right - the sparkly shoes are fab.Big hugs Debbie x

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a sweet card Shell. Great take on the sketch... love the darling image, the vibriant colors... the leaves look great with the tiny flowers. Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week.

Joey said...

Awwwwww Shell my beloved Dotty! gorgeous card hun, love the colour combo too. Joey xxx

Janice M said...

What a cute card! Thanks for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week!

Ciska said...

So cute Shell, love the glittery shoes! Hope you're feeling better real soon.

Larelyn said...

Oh, she is adorable and I love the red sparkly shoes! fantastic card.
Hugs,
Larelyn

Kim. said...

Aw Shell I am so sorry to hear this. I tried to call you but no answer I hope that means your ok and out and about? I will try you again tomorrow.
Love this card and totally agree with Hazel Dotty really did need those blingy shoes lol.
Kim xXx