22 May 2012

It Takes Two!

Ok so yesterday I promised you some exciting news! Well it is for me anyhoos! I am now the proud owner of the My Time To Craft challenge blog whoop whoop! I am so excited! I just wanted to say a huge thank you to Wendy & Leslie for the chance to keep this fab challenge blog running, along with some fab DT girlies!

So this week as its my first challenge in charge you have no excuse not to join in with us!
 My first challenge is

IT TAKES TWO!

so as long as there is two of something on your creation & you remember to write what two they are you can enter! Can't wait to come hopping!



I decided to use my ubber cute Humphrey stamp with two lumpys & I 
also used two different embossing folders! I have made this for our friends who are getting married at the end of August!

Challenges I Would Like To Enter
Totally Papercrafts- fab sketch (which I rotated)
Forever Friends- two animals in your image
Crafters Companion- here comes summer
Craft Your Days Away- all creatures great & small (2nd entry)


Goodies I Have Used
Image- 'Special Day!' from the Humphrey's Corner Collection by Crafters Companion
5" square card blank
Promarkers & Prismas
Mrs Lumpy- blue grey 1 & 2
Dress & shoes- baby pink & pale pink
Flowers- chartreuse, sorbet & muted pink
Mr Lumpy- blue grey 2 & 3
Suit- midnight blue & china blue
Shoes- cool grey 5, 4 & 3
Confetti- arctic blue & red

Papers & Embellishments
White pearlised card from Create & Craft
Script embossing folder by Provocraft
Heart embossing folder by Provocraft
Hearts cut out of embossed piece of pearlised card
Colour distressing done using Tim Holtz victorian velvet
Iridescent sparkle Stickles

Thank you for stopping by today, I hope you will pop over & join in the fun!
Hugs xx


Last night Nige decided we were going out looking for owls lol, well we saw a short eared owl, so Nige was happy but you need to see these pictures of what else we saw.....I had tears in my eyes they were just sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sweet & only about 20ft away, playing & squeaking so cute!

Nige caught the owl diving looking for a mouse!



These little babies were just gorgeous!
hugs xx

23 comments:

Judith said...

I knew those ellies would come in for something!- so cute love your embossed card detail. Great photos too - its lovely to appreciate nature- I just love being out and about in the country or at the beach - watch my blog tomorrow - I have exciting news too!! hugs Judith x

Purple Crazy said...

Gorgeous card Shell, love the gentle colours , hugs Wendy x

Mau xx said...

What a great card Shell. Love the image and the embossing is fab.
great oics too, what sweeties they are. I so love the countryside
Hugs Mau xx

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Shell, love the embossed background! Jo xxx

Mau xx said...

a HUGE Congratulations to you Shell. I wish you lots of success with your new venture xxxxxxx
Hugs Mau xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Oh wow Shell big congratulations!! Fab card he reminds me a bit of Babar the elephant - my sister used to love those books! Great pics too hugs Susan x

Debs said...

Huge congrats Shell - I shall be popping by to join in as much as I can :o)
Gorgeous card - love the embossing and fab colours.
Take care
Debs xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

What a gorgeous card sweetie. So adorable and congrats on being in charge. Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Day's Away this time and good luck.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Gaynor Greaves said...

Congrats shell, love your card, thanks for joining our challenge at CYDA, Gaynor xx

Lisa Jane said...

LOve the card - cute little image and fab embossing.
LOve the pics .. those little foxes are cute
Lisa x

Kim. said...

Woohoo congrats Shell you will do a fabulous job as always.
Love the card, the elephants are super cute and perfect for a wedding card.
Kim xXx

Vicky said...

Beautiful Shell..and I love the piccies too hun..:o)

big hugs Vicky xx

ddazzled71 said...

Congrats on your new Venture with the Challenge Blog. Cute pics!

Wattage said...

Congratulations on the new blog - I even entered a card in the challenge today!

Love your card, very sweet, Lisa x

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Wow! hun your card is just stunning, I love the embossing and the inking and the image is lovely. Your photo's are absolutely stunning too, just so lovely to see, thanks for sharing them with us
Lindsay xx

Berit Synnøve said...

Congrats Shell !
Your card is so beautiful. Love your image and your coloring.
Thanks for joining Craft Your Days Away !
Hugs Berit

Pat said...

Super card Shell, love the image. Good Luck on taking over our Challenge blog I'm sure you will do a great job.

Pat xx

Diane Louise J said...

Gorgeous card and such a cute image. Love the way you have embossed the heart shape, it looks lovely. Thanks for joining us at FOREVER FRIENDS challenge. Good luck and hope to see you next time.
Diane x

Wendy said...

So gorgeous, love the sweet image...Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week.
Wendy xx

Lesley said...

Cute card Shell! Thank you for taking over MTTC - it's good to know it will be continuing! xx

Julia said...

Gorgeous card, Shell! Congrats on becoming MTTC Leader, I am so proud to be part of the DT.
Hugs,
Julia

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ohh Well Done on running the challenge, Go you, Love the card and I want one of those foxys!!! too cute, Love Me xoxo

Sue B said...

Aww I'm really sorry Shell - I somehow missed this post altogether!! :-(
Firstly Big Congratulation and well done on keeping the My Time To Craft Challenge blog going!! there are too many challenge blogs closing at the moment - it's so sad... so I'm really pleased that you are keeping this one going !!! :-))
and what a sweet card! I love the image and the embossing with the soft Victorian Velvet ink distressing - it's gorgeous!!
Oh those fox cubs are SO cute!!! and you got a fab photo of the owl too. I really hope you see them again!
Big Hugs
Sue xx