11 May 2010

Two cards and a few challenges..

I thought I would start by showing you my first Christmas card.. I blame Hazel (Dido) as she sent me some proper cute christmas images in a swap..and I just couldn't resist using them a bit early..I know some of you have already started you christmas cards but me, I usually leave it till end of October before I start with them...




I thought I would show you a close up so you can see the glittery snow...I have got some white applique stuff somewhere but can I blinkin find it....nope...its vanished...gone!!! will have to get some more..
This is for the challenge over at Magical Crafts whos sketch I have followed..

Stuff I Used
Image Hazel thanks hun
coloured with my Promarkers
Bear- putty & tan,
Hat & scarf- red crimson,
Gloves- sky blue & azure,
Robin- cinnamon,
Scarf- crimson red,
Envelope & snow- pastel blue & ice grey,
Tree- pine,
Sledge- Maroon
Snow- glitter glue & glamour dust
DP I think they are both Kanban from last years QVC kit
Corner peel offs, snowflakes and buttons my stash
Sentiment Daisy and Dandelion QVC TSV last year




This next card, is made with a new stamp that I got yesterday on my shopping spree with Cal (you are so bad for Nige's wallet hun lol) I do like these funny looking little things so I got three different ones and the new sugar nellie manga 'Dreamy' so sweet..will have a play later..
OH ONLY 9 PROMARKERS TO GO WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO and Nige had said he will take me to get them this week sometime so not long now, after 6 months of buying a few here and a few there I will have um all xx
Back to my card ..


For those of you that have been reading my blog for a while now (I thank you) you will know that two years ago Nige broke his foot at work (fell of the bak of his wagon) numpty...but he had broken his other foot 15 years ago and while he was off work was when we got together so, this image just made me smile and think of him when we first got together...yes I'm a big softy really lol

The challenge I am entering with this card is 'Sketch & Stash' where I have followed the sketch.

Stuff I Used

Image WOJ..... 'Wee with broken leg'
IQ paper
Memento, tuxedo black
My promarkers
Skin- ivory & soft pastel,
Hat & Top- cornflower & china blue,
Patch, shorts & tights- cerise & bluebell,
Crutch- cocoa & walnut,
Plaster- ivory & ice grey 1,
Boot & hair- raw sienna & cocoa
Around  'Wee'  warm grey 1
White highlights sakura gel pen
Pink backing, ribbon, flowers, card candy and flowery brads my stash
DP freebie Katie Knight pack from Cardmaking & Papercrafts
Sentiment came with the 'Wee' stamp
Tag shaped thing cut on my slice 'basic elements' card


Thanks for looking hugs xx



13 comments:

the crafty duck said...

Hi Shell, two fabby cards, your Christmas one is gorgeous, love that image and your BP is fab!! Love your second card too, the image is fabby and I love your story behind it, lots of love Steph

the crafty duck said...

Sorry Shell, thanks for playing at MCFC, love Steph

Hazel (Didos) said...

I accept NOOOOO responsability for you making Chrimbo cards early, You will thank me though when its Christmas and you are less stressed. Love them both. Wee with the sore foot is brill. How sweet the memory of your meet up with Nige. Hazelxox

Amanda said...

Shell,
Your cards are great. I like how you've used the holly leaves to make the corners of the card.

Thanks for joining us at Magical Crafts fortnightly challenge - come back soon!

Amanda

Lesley said...

2 lovely cards! I love the little bear on the Christmas card! Thanks for taking part in the Magical Crafts challenge xx

jackiescrafts said...

Hi Shell,
@ lovely cards and well done for making a start on your Christmas cards. I love the cute teddy image

Thanks for joining in at MCFC

Jackie x

Christy said...

Awesome cards :) Love the sparkle on the snow ;)

Becky said...

What gorgeous cards Shell! Love the images you've used!
Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch and Stash!
Love Becky xx

Karen Lee said...

Great idea Shell to get an early start on those Christmas cards!! I always wait until the last minute and then I'm so stressed!! I love the snow!!

xoxo Karen Lee

Emma said...

Both gorgeous cards Shell, loving the images and such yummy papers.
Hugs Emma x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Shell :-) I love the christmas card ,,,very cute and the WOJ image is just fab ,, I love all the Wee stamps :-)

thanks for joining in the Sketch and Stash Challenge :-)
Luv
Lols x x x

Unknown said...

Two fabulous cards hun. Your xmas card is adorable, such a cute image, yummy papers too.

Thank you for joining us for our sketch challenge over at Magical Crafts.

Hugs

Joanne xx

Louise Emma said...

Am loving the sparkle on the FF Xmas card, love it x Great get well card too hun x Unusual stamp!