3 February 2010

My attempt at easel cards....

When it come to my cards I'm not very adventurous, and tend to stay away from different folds...but after doing a shutter card before Christmas and then getting totally addicted to them lol I decided to give making an easel card ago...and yes I love them and yes they are sooooooooo easy to make....and here is the result...

The first one is for the challenge over on Pollycraft where they are asking for 'Things With Wings' and as I absolutely love this little Star Fairy I thought I would use her....and for a challenge over on Digital Tuesday where they are asking for different folds, and to use a digi image. I really enjoyed making this card..after all the worry its easy lol




Stuff I Used....
Image 'Star Fairy' from Pollycraft
printed on IQ paper from Staples
coloured with my Promarkers
backingpapers are from Docrafts...Funky Vintage & My Minds Eye Pretty Please,free pack from Cardmaking & Papercraft mag
Paper flowers & buttons are papermania capsule collection from this months Docrafts goodie bag...
Card candy (coloured with promarkers) and gems my stash
sentiment from one of the honey & hugs set
doodles by me with my whispers
her wings are glamour dusted

My second card I have done for the Passion for Promarkers which this week is 'creatures great & small' so I thought I would use my new Pepper & Friends kitty stamp...so cute....and I thought I would put on a bell that I had at Christmas on my chocalate reindeer lol




Stuff I used
image is a new stamp from Docrafts 'Pepper & Friends'
coloured with my Promarkers
Backingpapers are my free My Minds Eye Pretty Please papers from Cardmaking & Papercraft
ribbon, buttons, twine and cat bell my stash
kitty paws docrafts stamp
heart cut on my slice
sentiment from my Daisy & Dandelion set

thanks for looking hugs xxx

28 comments:

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Shell, aww what a sweet kitty card. I've had my eye on this image for ages (might have to get it now lol). Great colouring and love the papers. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Ellibelle said...

These are both gorgeous. Love the color choices! I think I'll have to try one of these easel cards too. Thanks so much for joining us at DT.

Carol Ann said...

These two cards are gorgeous Shell! I have not tried an easel card yet, think I might give it a go at the weekend.

Carol Ann xx

Anne said...

Wow Shell you've been busy, they're fab. I just love your papers on the first card, they're gorgeous
Anne x

cheryl said...

aww these are so sweet hun love the image and beautiful papers you have used too love cheryl xx

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful cards loving the easel card fold the designs are both are so lovely and the images fabulous thank you for joining our challenge at Digital Tuesday

Hugs
Lorraine x

Sue said...

2 very beautiful cards and very pretty colour combos:)

thanks for joining us at pollycraft:)

sue
xx

Wiccababe said...

gorgeous cards Shell, love the kitty card - am loving easel cards too, was surprised how easy they are
thanks for joining us at PfP this week and good luck
Debz
xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Shell

I lurve easel cards, enjoy them better than normal cards.
These are just beautiful, beautiful colouring too, love the choice of colours you have used.

OH THANKYOU SO MUCH FOR MY BIRTHDAY CARD TOO, what a lovely suprise, thanks for thinking of me hunnie...
big loves to you all.
Hugs Angel

Anjou Krelovich said...

These are just lovely! Great cards! Thanks for playing along with DTC this week!

Becky said...

Wow! Gorgeous cards Shell! Love the Fairy and the kitty is so sweet!!
thanks so much for joining us at Pollycraft!
Love Becky xx

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Shell thank you for your lovely comment you left on my blog. I am loving these two beauties the colours and image are fabulous I have only made two easel cards so far but I am sure to make more as they are quite effective thank you so much for joining our challenge at Digital Tuesday
Hugs
Lorraine x

Amy Johnson said...

Wow! Fabulous Easel Cards! I like your cards so much better than mine. I love how you put sentiments and embellies on the base of the card. I didn't think of doing that. But, it was my first easel card afterall. LOL!

Unknown said...

these are adorable! Yes, they are very easy to make. You did a wonderful job with them! Hope you have a wonderful day!

Diane.W. said...

Luvly cards & thanx for visiting my blog!!! :o)x

Linda said...

Hiya Shell the cards are lovely. Haven't attempted easel cards yet. Another thing to add to my to do list.

Think I will have to give up working to make any headway in my to do list, lol

Emma said...

Two gorgeous cards, love the images and colours.
Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft and good luck.
Hugs Emma x

jackiescrafts said...

Love your easel card Shell. I am definitely going to have a go at an easel card
Hugs Jackie x

Karen Lee said...

Hello Shell......I love these easel cards. I've never made one, but I will be trying one very soon after seeing yours.

hugs, Karen Lee

Alison said...

Both cards are gorgeous Shell love the papers

Alison xx

Spyder said...

I love this kitten stamp!! He's sooo cute, lovely card
Please pop over to my blog, where I have an Award for you!! Please chose one, and pass it on to your favourite blogs, as many or as few as you'd like!
((Lyn)

Emma said...

Hi I'm back again with a different hat on. The cat is so cute and such a gorgeous card.
Thanks for joining us at PFP and good luck.
Hugs Emma x

Saskia said...

Lovely cards, so beautiful and creative!

Sweet greetings, Saskia :)

Vince B said...

Wow this are both beautiful Shell.
I love the use of colours and well done for recycling the bell.
I'm a bit of a hoarder and if I see an item or scrap of paper I might be able to make use of I squirrel it away for later, it's surprising how often they come in handy to finish off a card.

Vince X

Jules said...

Hi Shell

Gorgeous easel cards - I have a feeling we will be seeing more of these on your blog as you are so good at them.

Cannot choice a favourite as I love both.

Love Jules xx

My'scardcorner said...

2 great cards Shell love the colours of the first one.Must admit I like the easel cards too make a nice change.
Myrax

Louise Emma said...

They are both bootiful babes, just like you my bestest buddy, missing ya at the moment and I know ya feeling down. Wish I could come and give ya a mega hug xxxxxxx Loves ya hun xxxx

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

what fabulous easel cards, just super. Hope I've helped with the link , you certainly don't need help with your great cards. janex